Since our beginning, “eco” has been a foundational value of Ecotex – it is the Eco in Ecotex.
Sustainability and stewardship of the environment is integral in how we operate in every community we serve. We integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and practices and have been consistently recognized for our green leadership.
How can you help?
Choose Reusable Isolation Gowns
Choose Reusable Surgical Gowns
Choose Reusable Incontinence Products
These are the responsible choices, because Our Future is NOT Disposable!
For more information on actions, strategies, performance improvement measures (PIMs), and ‘how-to-guides’ to advance your journey toward sustainability for your health care facility, click here: Sustainability Roadmap for Hospitals.
We’re committed to these fundamentals of sustainability:
- Establishment of 3R (recycling, reuse and recovery) programs at the facility level. Our reusable isolation gowns, surgical packs, gowns, incontinent pads and drapes reduce waste and save your facilities money.
- Implementation of best-management practices to conserve resources, reduce pollution and improve efficiency. In all our operations we fully comply with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- Self-assessment of operations and environmental compliance. Over the years we’ve continued to improve our services, reducing our fresh water usage by 65% since 2007.
- Use of environmentally beneficial equipment and processes. We benchmark our progress against other industry members across North America through participation in the LaundryESP® program.
- Whenever possible, the upgrade and installation of more efficient equipment.
- Education of, and partnerships with our key stakeholders on how to reduce pollutants. We actively involve our customers, suppliers, vendor-partners and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives.